The CFTC Sanctioned FCStone, LLC a registered broker dealer headquartered in New York for a host of supervisory charges. The charges allege the company lacks the policies and procedures it should have in place for proper governance. The company is ordered to pay a $140,000 civil monetary penalty.
The IMF published an fascinating paper on the pros (connections, infrastructure, built-in networks) and cons (regulatory challenges, risks) that go along with a rise in Pan-African Banks.
Contact: Elisabeth Law, 312-503-4213, email@example.com
May 7 @ 8:30 a.m. ET: James Schnurr, Chief Accountant, will be a featured speaker at the Annual Financial Reporting Conference. Location: Zicklin School of Business, 55 Lexington Ave. Room 14-220, New York Contact: Matthew LePere, 646-312-3231, Matthew.LePere@baruch.cuny.edu
May 7 @ 10 a.m. ET: SEC Chair Mary Jo White will participate in a Q&A discussion with Julie Lutz, Director, Denver Regional Office, at the Rocky Mountain Securities Conference. Other SEC senior officials will also participate in the event. Location: Denver Marriott City Center, 1701 California Street, Denver Contact: Mary Dilworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
May 8 @ 8 a.m.: SEC Chair Mary Jo White will participate in a Q&A discussion with Investment Company Institute’s (ICI) President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens at their Annual Regulatory General Membership Meeting. Location: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road, N.W., Washington, D.C. Contact: Olivia Caverly, 202-326-5945, email@example.com
- Monday, April 27, 2015 Recap: Credit Detail, More CFTC Charges, Puzzling Low T-Yields, and the Fed Testifies Before The Senate
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015 Recap: Ex-Evercore Banker & Girlfriend Charged, IMF on Islamic Banking, Bank Profitability, and a $600K Payday For Whistleblower
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015 Recap: Fed Funds, Bernake's Response To Taylor's Rebuke, GDP, China's Looming RE Battle & Pay Vs. Performance
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 Recap: Algorithmic Trading, Community Banks, Personal Income Report, Another FX Scheme, Banking Applications and Compliance Outreach
- Monday, April 20, 2015 Recap: Treasury Auctions, FX Ponzi, BlackRock Fail, Dudley's Fed Speech, and the FFER
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015 Recap: More Regulation For Large Banks, Youth Savings, Piwowar's Speech, Flash Crash Culprit, the OFAC & FNRG Halted
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Recap: #EXIM2015, Obama's PPPs, Goldman Sachs In The "Dark", $1.5M Payday, Massad Speaks, and Yellen Stabilizes
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 Recap: GDP, Deutsche Bank, Community Banks, Repos, and the Treasury Gets New Blood
- Friday, April 24, 2015 Recap: New Federal Reserve Auditor, Inventories Up, CEI Same, Insider Trading, Fair Fund Delays & Alizadeh's Grand Jury Indictment