- On March 27, Commissioner Daniel M. Gallagher gave a speech titled "Grading the Commission’s Record on Capital Formation: A+, D, or Incomplete? at the Vanderbilt Law School’s 17th Annual Law and Business Conference. For whatever reason the speech was just published yesterday, but I plan on reviewing it later on this afternoon and will publish a short summary of insights.
- Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer gave a speech yesterday entitled "Central Banking in the Shadows: Monetary Policy and Financial Stability Postcrisis," at the 20th Annual Financial Markets Conference sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in Stone Mountain, Georgia on March 30, 201. Look for a review of this speech later on this week. Unlike Gallagher, who's fairly conservative, you can count on Fischer to give an unbiased assessment of the Fed's actions.
- Aegis Capital, LLC, Circle One Wealth Management, LLC, Diane W. Lamm, Strategic Consulting Advisors, LLC and David I. Osunkwo were all charged by the SEC for providing misleading documents to investors. Aegis Capital is accused of overstating its AUM by over $119 million and the total number of client accounts maintained by at least 1,000, or over 340%.
- In good news the Fair Fund for Gregg C. Lorenzo and Charles Vista has finally been established and the FRB of New York published another interesting working paper entitled "The Gender Gap in Mathematics: Evidence from a Middle-Income Country."
- Perhaps the biggest story of the day, and it's not being covered well in the general media, is the SEC's cease and desist order against Zohar Funds -- the scheme reportedly involved billions of dollars. Check back this afternoon for more on this story or read the full order yourself here.
Ever wanted to own a luxury car that's usually reserved for royalty and foreign dignitaries? Now you can get the chance at GovernmentAuctions.org. a beautiful 1995 Rolls Royce Silver Spur III now currently available for online auction courtesy of the U.S. Marshals. This handcrafted luxury vehicle comes standard with power windows, power windows, power seats, power door locks, power brakes, cruise control, air conditioning, leather seating, hardtop roof, AM/FM radio, CD changer in the trunk, factory brand stereo, alarm system, premium factory wheels, and just over 31k miles. The vehicle itself is in fantastic aesthetic condition both inside and out, but only requires a new battery in order to be up and running again. The current asking price for this Rolls Royce is just $23,500 with no bids as of yet. The car is currently being held in Las Vegas, and the auction will be ending in just a few short weeks so be sure to activate your 3-day free trial account now.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
From Capital Formation To Zohar's Billion Dollar Funds
Get ready for summer fishing trips with this assorted lot of 30 Gerber knives. These fine-quality knives are not only perfect for knife enthusiasts, but also for collectors. They’re also ideal for buyers who want to flip the knives individually for a profit. These knives come in an assortment of various sizes, colors, types, models, and conditions. They also include both fine and serrated blades. The knives all appear to be in great shape but an inspection of this auction is still strongly encouraged prior to bidding. The current asking price for this bulk auction is just $137 with 3 online bids already placed and just 2 days, 20 hours, and 36 minutes remaining. To find out more about this deal, simplyactivating your free trial now.